04 Dec BESA release new technical bulletin TB/009
What is TB/009?
Building Engineering Services Association (BESA) has this year released a new technical bulletin (TB/009) in conjunction with TR19 regulations and to conform with the RRFSO (The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005).
Having cleaned your commercial grease extraction system, your cleaning contractor should provide you with a post-clean report (PCR) that comprises of the following:
- An executive summary that highlights the key risks
- A clear yes or no as to whether the system has been cleaned in its entirety
- If no, the reason why it has not been cleaned fully and a possible solution
- Other hazards that have been identified
- Micron readings for the test locations.
- The mean (average) micron reading across all micron readings taken.
- The current cleaning frequency.
- A recommendation of a new cleaning frequency based on the micron readings.
- A sufficient number of before and after cleaning photographs of the system to give a true representation of the system condition. These should be at minimum in the seven TR/19 test locations (section 7.41), and more if the duct length exceeds 10 meters.
- A schematic diagram of the system layout showing the system that has been cleaned and any areas that could not be cleaned.
- Test locations identified on the schematic.
We offer free no obligation site surveys and risk assessments! Please do not hesitate to contact us at Deduct Ltd regarding any duct cleaning requirements, we are here to help! 0333 772 0089. You can also check out one of our case studies for extraction cleaning.